Latest News

LookingGlass Site Seal



Controlling Person Self-Certification Form

Please read these instructions before completing the form

Why are we asking you to complete this form?

To help protect the integrity of tax systems, governments around the world are introducing a new information gathering and reporting requirement for financial institutions. This is known as the Common Reporting Standard (the “CRS”).

Under the CRS, Boslil Bank Limited (Boslil or we) is required to determine where you are ‘tax resident’ (this will usually be where you are liable to pay income taxes). If you are tax resident outside the country where your account is held, we may need to give our local tax authority this information, along with information relating to your accounts that may then be shared between different countries’ tax authorities.

Completing this form will ensure that we hold accurate and up to date information about your tax residency.

If your circumstances change and any of the information provided in this form becomes incorrect, please inform Boslil immediately and provide an updated Self-Certification.

Who should complete the CRS Controlling Person Self-Certification Form?

When an account is held with Boslil on behalf of a Passive Entity (e.g. certain trusts or investment vehicles) we need those individuals identified as having ultimate control of the entity to complete a form. These individuals are known as Controlling Persons.

If you need to self-certify on behalf of an entity (which includes all companies, trusts and partnerships) complete an "Entity Tax Residency Self-Certification Form" (CRS-E). Similarly, if you are a personal Account Holder, complete an "Individual Self-Certification Form" (CRS-I). You can find these forms at

For joint or multiple controlling persons, each individual will need to complete a copy of this form. Even if you have already provided information in relation to the United States Government’s Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), you may still need to provide additional information for the CRS as this is a separate regulation.

If you are completing this form on behalf of a controlling person, please ensure that you inform them that you have done so and state in what capacity you are signing in Part 4. For example, you may be a representative of the entity, or completing the form under a power of attorney.

Where to go for further information?

If you have any questions about this form or these instructions please visit: or contact your Client Relations Officer.

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) has developed the rules to be used by all governments participating in the CRS and these can be found on the OECD’s ‘Automatic Exchange of Information’ (AEOI) website:

If you have any questions on how to define your tax residency status, please visit the OECD website or speak to a professional tax adviser as we are not allowed to give tax advice.

You can find a list of definitions in the separate Appendix found under the CRS FORMS tab.